Parents are requested to give at least one day's notice, verbal or written, to the school registrar prior to requesting their child be checked out of school. Students checking out to go to another comprehensive school in the district, or Center City High School (Independent Study) and Valley Continuation High School, should make an appointment to meet with their counselor prior to their completing the checkout process to ensure continuity in their class schedule.
STEPS FOR CHECKING OUT:
- Pick up a drop slip from the Registrar's Office. Students take the drop slip, to each teacher in order to obtain final grades.
- Ask for a copy of the student's transcript and immunization records. California schools and many other states require immunization records before they will admit new students.
- Turn in all books.
- Pay all fines. Failure to take care of any financial obligation at OGHS may delay the release of your records to your new school.
- Make sure you take a copy of your transcript, checkout grades and immunization records to your new school of enrollment.
- Moving may affect athletic eligibility. See your coach or the athletic director to check your eligibility and/or file the appropriate paperwork with CIF.