AP, Advanced Placement, College Level, College Credit, AP Exam...
These are all terms you may have heard about, but do you know what they mean? High Schools nationally and internationally offer Advanced Placement (AP) courses on their campuses in order to challenge students to excel and have exposure to rigorous college level coursework. Some key information you need to know:
- In May of each year, students may take an AP exam to prove how much they have learned about the content and skills learned in the course.
- With a score of 3, 4, or 5 students can earn college credit; amount of credit earned depends on the college the student decides to attend.
- Students may take an AP exam even in a course that they did not take.
- For the 2022-23 School Year, exam fees will be covered by EUHSD.
Many Orange Glen students earn college credit well before they step foot on a college campus! This effort pays off big time. Students can save anywhere from $300 to $30,000 in college tuition by passing AP exams!
Orange Glen offers 15 Advanced Placement (AP) courses for students who are interested in a high level of college preparatory rigor. The current course offerings for AP include:
AP English Language and Composition
AP English Literature
AP Spanish Language and Culture
AP Spanish Literature
AP European History
AP U.S. History
AP Government and Politics
AP Calculus A/B
AP Computer Science Principles
AP Environmental Science
* All classes are pending based on enrollment
For more information about AP courses and exams, please visit College Board (AP, SAT, PSAT, and ACT).
For more practice or preparation for the exam(s), students should log into their MyAP account and go to AP Classroom.
Please see your counselor for more information and to sign up for an AP course!