FSA ID Survey for OGHS Class of 2024
IMPORTANT: The FAFSA is currently undergoing updates for students who will be applying to enter college/trade/career institutions for the 2024-25 school year. More information will be made available through the OGHS Counseling Department when it is available. FAFSA is scheduled to open December 2023.
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is a form completed by current and prospective college students (undergraduate and graduate) in the United States to determine their eligibility for student financial aid.
Click on the link for the FAFSA:
Development, Relief and Education for Alien Minors Act (DREAM ACT)
The California Dream Act allows undocumented and nonresident students (U.S. Citizens and eligible non-citizens) who qualify for a non-resident exemption under Assembly Bill 540 (AB 540) to receive certain types of financial aid such as: private scholarships funded through public universities, state administered financial aid, university grants, community college fee waivers, and Cal Grants. In addition, the California Dream Act, allows eligible students to pay in-state tuition at any public college in California.
Click on the link for the DREAM ACT application:
Required Documents for the FAFSA & DREAM ACT
FAFSA & Dream Act OPEN: October 1, 2022 | FAFSA & Dream Act DEADLINE: March 2, 2023
- Student's Driver's license, if you have one.
- Student's Social Security card number, if you have one.
- Parent(s) Social Security card number, if they have one.
- Student's Alien registration number, if you have one.
- Student's 2018 Income Tax Return Packet, if you have one.
- Parent(s) 2018 Income Tax Return Packet, if they have one.
- Student's 2018 W-2, if you have one.
- Parent(s) 2018 W-2, if they have one.
- Student's Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN), if you have one.
- Parent(s) Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN), if they have one.
- Student's parent(s) most current bank statement(s)
- Student's most current bank statement(s)
- Any records of untaxed income such as:
- Welfare benefits
- Affordable Rental Housing, Food Assistance, Unemployment, etc.
- Social Security benefits
- Retirement, Disability, Benefits for spouses or other survivors of a family member who's passed and Social Security Income (SSI).
- Child support payments
- List of colleges you are interested in attending (Up to 10 schools).
If you do NOT have one or more of the documents listed above, use what you have! J