Before beginning the work permit process, you must first GET HIRED.
Please complete these two forms.
1- STATEMENT OF INTENT TO EMPLOY MINOR AND REQUEST FOR WORK PERMIT
2-EUHSD WORK PERMIT GUIDELINES
HOW TO OBTAIN A WORK PERMIT FOR THE 2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR
Please Follow These Instructions to Obtain a Work Permit during Distance Learning, due to COVID-19.
1. Print Statement of Intent to Employ a Minor and Request for a Work Permit.
- Student completes and signs the Minor’s Information section. It is mandatory to provide the social security number.
- Student completes the School Information section. If you use the attached PDF, that is already filled in for you.
- Parent/Guardian completes and signs the third section.
- Employer completes and signs the fourth section.
- Leave the “For authorized work permit issuer use ONLY” section blank.
2. Print EUHSD Work Permit Guidelines.
- Make sure you read the entire document before signing.
- Student signs the bottom of the document.
- Parent signs the bottom of the document.
3. Take photos of the completed forms. Send the completed forms to Ms. Mendiaz via email. You must send your work permit documents through your Escondido Union High School District student account to ensure confidentiality.
4. Check your school email in 2-3 school days for a copy of your work permit that can be printed and taken to your employer. You may begin work as soon as you receive that file. The official work permit can be sent to your employer by U.S. mail, at your request, addressed to your manager.
Important Work Permit Notes
- All minors under age 18 (including minors employed by parents) must have a work permit.
- Minors must meet mandatory school attendance laws and meet adequate academic progress in order to obtain work permits. Schools have the legal right to restrict or reduce the type of employment and/or the hours of work if evidence is shown that the schoolwork of the minor is being impaired by the employment.
- Escondido Union High School District issues work permits for minors residing within the district boundaries and enrolled in district schools.
- Work Permits must be renewed at the start of the school year or when the student obtains a new job. Current work permits expire August 14, 2020.
- 4 hours maximum per day Monday-Thursday
- 8 hours maximum per day Friday-Sunday
- 32 total hours per week
- Hours must be completed between 5 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Hours can be 5 a.m. to 12:30 a.m. if no school the next day (Fri/Sat nights)
- 3 hours maximum per day Monday-Friday
- 8 hours maximum per day Saturday-Sunday
- 18 total hours per week
- Hours must be completed between 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Please plan ahead, it can take up to 72 hours to process a work permit.