MENTAL HEALTH SUPPORTS
Due to school closure, the school counseling and social work offices will be closed, however, we remain available to provide support via e-mail and phone during traditional school hours. We also want you to know important resources/supports in our community.
- 911 – Contact 911 in the event of an immediate emergency
- San Diego Access and Crisis Line (888) 724-7240 Hotline, Available Anytime
- Text TALK to 741741 Hotline, Available Anytime
- North County Crisis and Assessment Team (760)233-0133 Walk-In Office, Address Below
225 W. Valley Parkway Suite 100
Escondido, CA 92025
Provides crisis intervention and help to any person between the ages of 14-25.
Monday: Friday 12-8pm & Saturday: 12-5pm & Sunday: Closed
- Say Something 1 (844) 5- SAYNOW or 1(844) 572-9669 Hotline, Available Anytime
- Project Return Peer Support Network (888) 448-9777 English, (888) 448-4055 (Spanish), Lines operate between 5pm-10pm
- Disaster Distress Helpline 1 (800) 985-5990 or text “talk with us” to 66746
- Emergency Screening Unit (619) 876-4502 4309 Third Avenue, San Diego, CA.
- Social Emotion Learning Program Provides animated videos and activities for teens and families giving away free resources to support distance learning. Go to www.counsellearning.com > School at Home
The Center for Disease Control (CDC) also provides the following resources for managing anxiety & stress:
- 211 – Resource Hotline: 211 is a resource hotline that has access to various community resources. For example, if a family who is homeless needs to connect to a hotel/motel voucher they can call 211; or if you want to learn about food resources in Escondido, CA you can call 211 to learn what program are available. If you need a resource, give them a call!
- Tay Academy – YMCA: 1050 North Broadway, Escondido, CA 92025, (760) 908-9373, Offer case management support and linkage to resources, including bag of groceries, hygiene supplies and other basic necessities. They also have free snacks and access to computer. Can offer case management assistance with housing and shelter for youth 18-24 on Wednesday. Hours are limited to 12-4 at this time.
- Interfaith Community Services: 550 W Washing Ave, Escondido, CA 92025 (760) 489-6380, Serve hot breakfast and to-go sack lunches every morning from 6:30-7:15am. Offer housing assistance for families, immigration lawyers available on Mondays and many more resources.
- Coronavirus and Housing/Homelessness Resources: National Low-Income Housing Coalition & San Diego Housing Federation
- Local free food distribution sites, visit https://feedingsandiego.org/need-help/food-distributions/
- Feeding San Diego is working diligently to prevent the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) and provide food resources to those impacted. Text "food" to 877877 or call (858) 452-3663.
- School Food Service at Orange Glen High School, San Pasqual High School and Escondido High School will also be offering lunch at the school sites from 11am-12pm.
- Mama’s Kitchen, the Home Delivered Meal Program is designed for individuals that have been diagnosed with a critical illness and are unable to independently prepare their own meals.
- Escondido Food Resources for Children, visit https://drive.google.com/file/d/17eZM2sb8nQaUUsdEVYA-yIOUwMHfu1IF/view
- Servingseniors.org is delivering to seniors call 619-487-0613 for San Diego area/ Oceanside area 760-435-5285
- The Center Church food distribution 1305 Deodar Rd. Escondido 8am-11am. 1pm-3pm
- Foundry Food Pantry 120 N. Ash St. Escondido Tues,Thurs 11am-1pm, Wed 4pm-6pm (442) 777-2081
- Salvation Army 1301 Las Villas Way Escondido Mon-Fri 7:30am-2:30pm (760) 745-8616
- Cal Fresh Apply for MediCal and Cal Fresh at https://bit.ly/MedicalAPP (866) 262-9881
- ACLU of San Diego and Imperial Counties Call (619) 232-2122 or visit https://bit.ly/ACLUemergencyguide
- Legal Aid at Work Undocumented Workers’ Rights (415) 864-8208 or (866) 864-8208
- North County Immigration Task Force (760) 593-7411
RESOURCES FOR UNDOCUMENTED COMMUNITIES
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT COVID-19
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information Hub from the CDC
Fact Sheets on COVID-19 in Spanish and Other Languages
Preguntas y respuestas sobre la enfermedad por coronavirus (COVID-19)
American Psychological Association (APA) Resources on Pandemics