As many of you know, we will not have our wonderful GEAR UP program on campus next year. Because of this, please join CSUSM Upward Bound. Upward Bound (UB) is a federally-funded TRiO grant program through the U.S. Department of Education. UB provides fundamental support to 9th – 12th grade participants in their preparation for college. The goal of UB is to increase the rate at which participants complete secondary education and enroll in and graduate from institutions of postsecondary education. CSUSM TRiO/UB serves 75 participants from 2 high schools in the city of Escondido (Escondido HS and Orange Glen HS).
Upward Bound provides:
· Tutorial services at each target school
· Academic advising & support
· College entrance exam preparations
· Cultural enrichment activities
· Local & extended college visits
· Assistance with completing Financial Aid applications
· Assistance with Scholarship searches and completing applications
· Assistance with completing College Admissions applications
· Academic instruction in core subjects (mathematics, laboratory sciences, composition, literature, and foreign languages)
UB representatives are in the college & Career Center everyday taking applications and meeting with students.