California State Seal of Biliteracy at Orange Glen
Each of these three academic requirements shall be fulfilled.
- Students must have completed all English–language arts (ELA) requirements for graduation with an overall grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 or above in those classes.
- Students must demonstrate proficiency in one or more languages other than English through one of the following methods:
- Pass a foreign language Advanced Placement (AP) exam, including American Sign Language, with a score of three or higher.
- Successfully complete a four-year high school course of study in a foreign language and attain an overall grade point average of 3.0 or above in that course of study.
- Pass the Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) II foreign language exam with a score of 600 or higher.
Eligibility Criteria for a Student Whose Primary Language is not English
If the primary language of a student in grades nine to twelve, inclusive, is other than English, the student shall also meet the following two academic requirements:
- Achieve Early Advanced proficiency level (4 overall) on the California English Language Development Test (CELDT), which may be administered an additional time, as necessary.
- Meet the requirements above as stated in 1 and 2.