Mission & Goals
Mission Statement and School-Wide Learning Results
Our mission is to provide a supportive environment for students, parents, and staff by treating every individual with respect and dignity. To prepare students to live in and contribute to an ever changing world, OGHS provides an innovative, rigorous curriculum that meets the academic, cultural, and social needs of all students. We face emerging challenges as a team, creating an environment where collaboration and success is celebrated.
EXPECTED SCHOOL-WIDE LEARNING RESULTS
Effective Communicators: Every student will write, speak, read, listen, and collaborate within diverse communities.
- California State Standards for Speaking and Listening
- Collaboration and Discourse-based instruction
- Opportunities for presentation and public speaking
Complex Thinkers: Every student will solve problems using analytical and critical-thinking skills.
- California State Standards for Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, Reading, Writing, Reasoning, and Analyzing
- Student-centered instruction
- College prep curriculum
Quality Producers: Every student will plan, organize, and create a product that meets specified criteria.
- California State Standards for Writing and Speaking
- School-wide organizational strategies
- College and Career elective courses
Healthy Individuals: Every student will demonstrate practices of healthy living.
- Physical fitness activities and courses
- Decision-making reinforced through Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS)
ORANGE GLEN HIGH SCHOOL